Quality Assurance Specialist
Kitchener – Full-Time
Shinydocs Corporation delivers innovative enterprise solutions for some of the world’s largest companies. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist who will be responsible for testing our new and existing products, as well as our overall testing strategy.
• Have a deep (functional) understanding of all Shinydocs software, including the technical requirements behind each solution.
• Working with our Development, Customer Service and the rest of the Quality Assurance team, be responsible for the quality of our software, which is used around the world.
• Push, bend, twist and otherwise try to break our software before it reaches our customers.
• Create, execute and manage test plans, using both automated and manual methods.
• Design and implement testing tools and environments, ensuring that testing is done effectively and efficiently.
• Be able to adapt quickly to a changing environment, for when we need to quickly move a new product to market.
• A completed degree or diploma, preferably in computer science, engineering or the sciences.
• 2 years of testing experience, preferably of computer software.
• Thoroughly understand the concepts of unit, integration, functional and regression testing.
• Self-motivated and able to get things done.
• Meticulous and precise.
• Ability to quickly grasp new software features and design testing around them.
• Some database programming experience with MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL
• Experience in using Enterprise Content Management (ECM) such as OpenText’s Content Server
• Experience in using JIRA
• Experience with testing software such as TestRail, TestLink or qTest
We’re partnering with some of the largest technology companies in the world to revolutionize how they handle information. We’re leveraging AI, working in the cloud, and helping our customers gain real-time, actionable insight.
We promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment that values work life balance and gets you home on time. We set visionary goals, innovate often, pivot when needed and iterate rapidly. We value creativity, and encourage autonomy. We take pride in what we do and would love to have you join us on this journey.
We want you to apply!
Do you have some but not all of these qualifications? Talk to us anyway! Even if you have just some of the skills and experience we are always looking for smart people who can learn quickly and grow into a role. We’d love to hear from you.
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume. Please provide in pdf format.
Shinydocs Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.