Technical Product Manager
Waterloo – Full-Time
What does Shinydocs do?
Founded in 2014, we leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning to help companies organize their documents by finding unstructured information wherever it exists and eliminating redundant, obsolete, and trivial files. Shinydocs searches, organizes, and understands unstructured data at scale, providing actionable security, compliance, and business operations insights. We’re partnering with some of the largest technology companies in the world to revolutionize how they handle information.
How will I make an impact?
As a Technical Product Manager reporting to the Senior Director of Products, you will maximize the value of a line of products by identifying market needs, creating the product roadmap, defining product features and overseeing the development of those features, while providing cross-functional product leadership with the sales, marketing, development, and customer support teams.
Within your first 30 days, you will familiarize yourself with our products, our market, and our clients.
What are the requirements?
• Familiarity with product management lifecycle with experience in both launching and maintaining products
• Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate between business and technical requirements
• Enjoys collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to build a product that is valuable to our existing and potential clients
• Ability to prioritize work after considering multiple competing factors
• Ability to make data-informed decisions and being able to articulate these ideas and persuade stakeholders
• Have strong opinions that are loosely held, allowing expertise to determine the initial hypothesis but making room for data to challenge that hypothesis
Not sure if you have enough or the right experience for this job? Apply anyways. Only 1% of candidates will ever meet every single requirement on most job postings. It’s not a big deal if you don’t meet all our requirements, as long as you’re interested in learning and willing to work hard. We can teach you about our product and industry, but we cannot teach you the ability to make decisions or how to stand your ground when you know it’s right for the product.
What are the challenges?
We’re a fully bootstrapped small company that is growing very quickly. There will be growing pains. It can be a bit chaotic at times, process may fall by the wayside, and that backlog just keeps growing, but it’s an evolving company culture and you can help shape it. Until then, you have to be very comfortable with lack of structure, understand that you won’t have time to do everything, and know how to prioritize tasks on your own. Don’t be surprised if priorities change often. We’re in the process of transitioning from a service company to a product company.
We’re a team of experienced grownups who work hard and get home on time. Our product isn’t glamourous but it’s satisfying work. We’re solving real problems within our space, impacting hundreds of organizations, and making work life significantly easier. We are a profitable scale-up that values sustainable growth.
We promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment, innovate often, pivot when needed, and iterate rapidly. We value creativity and encourage autonomy. You’ll also hear us laughing often throughout the day, either with each other, at each other, or at ourselves.
To apply, please email us at email@example.com with your resume provided in pdf format.
Shinydocs Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.